In chess literature, there have only been a few chess books that have immediately – and permanently – established themselves as classics, and this is one of them.
The original English edition, published 75 years ago, used English descriptive notation, contained only one photograph, no crosstables and was in two volumes. This new 21st-century edition, presented with modern algebraic notation, has
• combined both books into a single volume
• added more than three dozen archival photographs
• Alekhine’s complete match and tournament records
• a Foreword by Russian grandmaster Igor Zaitsev
• with many more diagrams
• a comprehensive computer-assisted analytical supplement is also available for free download
Whether you feel as if you are revisiting an old friend, or being introduced to this splendid game collection for the first time, you will marvel at how Alekhine’s games and works remain extraordinarily consonant with the modern approach.
Author: Alexander Alekhine,Igor Zaitsev (foreword)
Publication Years: 2013